Sunday, February 10, 2013

Nemo!

I have never seen as much snow as I saw yesterday after the blizzard (named Nemo). I think it's more snow than I've seen in the last three years living in Boston combined. Officially we got about 2 feet but the snow drifts were insane! There was a car ban for about 24 hours which was moot on Saturday since most cars were buried so deeply that there was no where to go! That along with the T and most restaurants being closed made for a very uneventful weekend. Nate took a few pictures of me on the way to MIT last night. 

Next to a random snow bank -- mostly made by the plows.

On the street with the Stata building in the background -- even after plowing there was still a good layer of snow on the roads. 

That is me next to a few cars -- all buried.

We didn't have a chance to check out our car but we also have word that is it buried. Nate will be taking the T to Harvard for the next few days since parking anywhere will be ridiculous. 

In the meantime, Nate and I enjoyed one of our Christmas presents. My parents gave us a fireplace that takes canisters of fuel to make real fire. It was really nice being at home while watching the snow and enjoying some dancing flames. 


This has definitely been an experience. I think I've had my fill of winter for the next ten years!

No comments:

Post a Comment