Sunday, December 12, 2021

Saying goodbye to San Diego (for now)

Right after our offer on the house we bought was accepted (see next post!), my parents decided that they wanted to move to CT to be nearer to us for a while. Therefore, at the beginning of December, I flew to San Diego to help them clean out their house of our stuff that we've kept there for the last 15 years. I recycled almost all of my school work and most of my brother's. I donated lots and lots of things while packing boxes for the few things I wanted to keep (crafts, mostly). It was incredibly tiring and long, but my parents spent way longer dealing with all their stuff. 

What was fun is that Olga was planning to be in town right around the same time and Sakina flew down to join us. For a fun day, we got some lunch at the revamped Del Mar Highlands, got some ice cream at the new One Paseo, and got some coffee at the new UTC. It was great to be all together again (something we haven't done since Sakina's baby shower in 2017). [I also made them take some stuff to Goodwill, the library, and the recycling :) Moving is a stressful process!]


One of the pictures we took had us in exactly same order as we were in the picture we took in Japan in 2015. I added our latest picture to the one before. I think we haven't changed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment