Saturday, July 7, 2018

Lisbon & Porto

Every few years, our lab does a team building trip/retreat to a nearby destination. Three years ago, we had gone to Sardinia (which I didn't document on this blog but did briefly mention here). This year, we went to Portugal, specifically Lisbon, but then a few of us decided to tack on a weekend trip to Porto afterwards. Portugal is a country I have had never been to and always wanted to go so it was particularly awesome to get the chance to go. 

Overall, I was very impressed, especially with Porto. There were many things to see and visit and the sights were so beautiful. I am also a sucker for anything near an ocean, so that also was a plus. If we get the chance, I will try to get Nate over to Porto before we leave Europe. 

In Lisbon, other than eating everything in sight, we visited Sintra, walked around the downtown area, and saw the Belem Tower. 

In Porto, we also walked around a lot, tried the Port (obviously), and watched a few football games from the World Cup including the Portugal game (they lost). Finally, we paid a visit to the Atlantic Ocean, which was unfortunately still quite cold even in early July. 

1 comment: