Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Sweater for Chase

I haven't had time to do too many crafts this year, but I really wanted to knit a sweater for Chase. I started in July so I was sure to get it done by winter. Thanks to Nate's mom, Amy, for bringing some yarn from the US when they visited. I searched Ravelry for patterns that I liked and found a simple one with a zigzag around the middle (free pattern: ravelry link and pdf [warning: There is a slight typo somewhere in the measurements but I don't remember where!]). It was mostly easy, but there were a few more complicated stitches that I had to use youtube to figure out. I adjusted the pattern by making some zigzags on the sleeves as well as the body.

Some progress pics:

Thankfully, Chase humored me enough to wear it on Christmas eve for the family gathering and to church:

As you can see, it's still quite large on him. I'm hoping he can wear it next year, too. He doesn't love wearing sweaters, especially ones that go over his head, so I'm not sure how much day-to-day use it will get. However, I am glad I was able to make it for him and that it turned out quite nice. 

1 comment:

  1. That picture of you two is wonderful! And I love the sweater--such a great color, and I love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete