For Chase's first two months, I recorded EVERYTHING. Every diaper change, every feeding, every nap. It might have been a bit insane but it was helpful at the beginning. After that, it was just a habit, until I finally decided it was enough and stopped when he was two months old. Now, I have all of this beautiful data about Chase's first two months (April 12th - June 12th). Here are some nice graphs about it (I would normally use Prism to make graphs but my new MacBook Air has too new of an OS to make Prism install correctly, so I am trying out Numbers for this post).
There are lots of different things to discuss here, so I am going to leave it as is so I don't write a novel on just this data. Suffice it to say that at the end of two months, he was nursing more efficiently, soiling his diaper less often, and sleeping more and in longer stretches. I now wish I continued this data to see how he is now at four months because he is even better at eating and sleeping now!
There are lots of different things to discuss here, so I am going to leave it as is so I don't write a novel on just this data. Suffice it to say that at the end of two months, he was nursing more efficiently, soiling his diaper less often, and sleeping more and in longer stretches. I now wish I continued this data to see how he is now at four months because he is even better at eating and sleeping now!




Oh my word, so much data, this is amazing! My mom loved it, too! :)
ReplyDeleteOne word: AWESOME. These graphs are manuscript quality (the good kind). I'm glad to see Chase's improvements (as you so nicely summarized in the end). Super Mom, yeah!!
ReplyDeleteWhat program did you use to record this all? You are so awesome.
ReplyDeleteI used an app called "Baby Tracker" but there are lots out there. This one let me download all the data, which was nice.
Delete