Before I start going through the many home "improvements" (those quotes are there because Nate always tells me that I need to leave well enough alone and stop trying to improve things... but I don't listen and here we are!), I wanted to show what our apartment looked like before.
We have a two bedroom apartment, but I do not have any pictures of the bedrooms, so this is only the common areas, which we spend pretty much all our time in anyway (Nate may have an office in a closet right now but that is because we're trying to install some lighting in the second bedroom... long story which will be explained in a few posts!). These pictures were taken 3 years ago, but very little has changed other than the stuff I have in the following posts!
Here is the kitchen -- the classiest part of the apartment! It features all stainless steel appliances and my $100 trashcan (I got made fun of SO badly my first year of grad school for getting a $100 trash can, but 3 years later, it's still good as new and I've never had any problems!). Pretty much all of the items in the kitchen are from Bed, Bath, and Beyond (as you can see by the coupons on the fridge!). Instead of the toaster, we now have a coffee machine that is used constantly!
The nicest thing about the bathroom is the built in washer/dryer! Such a lifesaver! Other than that, it is a pretty average bathroom, but with a good deal of storage space. Pretty much all the accessories are Bed, Bath, and Beyond, but I have updated some of the accessories since these pictures have been taken and will show you in upcoming posts.
That is it. I will use some of these pictures in before/afters to show some of the "improvements" we do so you may see them again!
Floor plan: The top is the room layout and the bottom is a more detailed layout of all of the furniture. This is not perfectly to scale, but it is close.
We have a two bedroom apartment, but I do not have any pictures of the bedrooms, so this is only the common areas, which we spend pretty much all our time in anyway (Nate may have an office in a closet right now but that is because we're trying to install some lighting in the second bedroom... long story which will be explained in a few posts!). These pictures were taken 3 years ago, but very little has changed other than the stuff I have in the following posts!
Living room
The bookshelf, coffee table, side table, and TV stand were from Target. The rug was from Overstock (I searched for that carpet for HOURS! 3 years later, and it still looks perfect!). The rest of the furniture was from CORT. The details (window decor, placemats, pillows, napkin folder, coasters) were from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. The picture on the wall is by this guy and was a gift from my parents for my college graduation. The last picture is the view from the window of our 3rd floor apartment (lots of trees!).
Kitchen
Bathroom
That is it. I will use some of these pictures in before/afters to show some of the "improvements" we do so you may see them again!




No comments:
Post a Comment