I finally started a blog. I know I said I would never do this, but I realized with all of the home improvement projects we've been doing, it would be nice to keep track of everything. Plus, I just got a sewing machine, so I wanted to post my attempts at making things.
I read many, many blogs. So I would like to cite that this blog has been inspired by the following:
1. http://www.younghouselove.com/ - lots of great tips for home improvements (duh) and many other goodies
2. http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com/ - great original crafts and links to other crafts all around the web
3. http://willowwould.blogspot.com/ - great weekly projects and tutorials
4. http://findingmykd.blogspot.com/ - awesome and honest blog from a fellow grad student
5. http://writinghomedearmom.blogspot.com/ - great inspiration and beautifully designed posts
6. http://mintwater.tumblr.com/ - goodness knows how to describe this blog since it's always changing but since it's my brother's and somehow he does this successfully, I guess that's inspiration in itself
If you read all of those blogs, you will understand the vibe I'm going for. Overall, I am envisioning this more of an archive of various projects. To that end, the first few posts will chronicle projects in the last year or two. Then, this will continue on to the future... wherever that leads.
Also, if you happen to be reading this (I'm not sure how you could stumble upon this without knowing me, but that's ok), don't be afraid to comment. I won't feel creeped out, don't worry!
I read many, many blogs. So I would like to cite that this blog has been inspired by the following:
1. http://www.younghouselove.com/ - lots of great tips for home improvements (duh) and many other goodies
2. http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com/ - great original crafts and links to other crafts all around the web
3. http://willowwould.blogspot.com/ - great weekly projects and tutorials
4. http://findingmykd.blogspot.com/ - awesome and honest blog from a fellow grad student
5. http://writinghomedearmom.blogspot.com/ - great inspiration and beautifully designed posts
6. http://mintwater.tumblr.com/ - goodness knows how to describe this blog since it's always changing but since it's my brother's and somehow he does this successfully, I guess that's inspiration in itself
If you read all of those blogs, you will understand the vibe I'm going for. Overall, I am envisioning this more of an archive of various projects. To that end, the first few posts will chronicle projects in the last year or two. Then, this will continue on to the future... wherever that leads.
Also, if you happen to be reading this (I'm not sure how you could stumble upon this without knowing me, but that's ok), don't be afraid to comment. I won't feel creeped out, don't worry!
No comments:
Post a Comment